Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello 2010

Well so much for the once a week blog idea. I can't even really say I've managed to post something once a month even. Oh, well. I am here now with plenty of updates!


We had a great Christmas and I can certianly say Reece had a blast. We were fortunate enough to get to spend time with all of our family! I love Christmas!!

Tiff and Louie came into town Sunday night and spent most of the week with us. Lucky Reece got to stay home with them a few days!


On Christmas Eve we went to church with Dad and Mary. We ate supper and I thought Reece would go to bed (as it was already past his bed time) and we would open presents in the morning. Well, I guess he was excited to be at Papa Allen's because he did not want to go to bed. So we decided to open our presents. He had so much fun playing with all of his new toys...he was walking and pushing his Lion toy back and forth across the basement! At midnight I was exhausted and we headed across the driveway to the little cabin for the night. Even then Reece wouldn't go to bed without a fight! Let's say it was a rough night of sleep. Reece, Ryan, Bella, and me in a twin bed! Oh, well nothing like being snuggled up next to your family on Christmas!





The next day we spent Christmas with the Browns. Grammy Allen and Grandpa Tim came back for a few days so the whole family was together! I love Christmas!! It was so nice to be with everyone :)








Saturday was Christmas with the Rambos. Everyone had a good time. I think Reece got a little grumpy because all of the excitement wore him out. Later that night was adult's night out! Reece stayed with Grammy Allen (he finally went to bed after guilting me for about an hour) and us kids went to Bucketz. Mama Emma was our driver (grandpa's minivan) and we had a pretty good time. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Overall though, we decided hanging out with Grandpa in the "dog house" is more fun!


We rang in the New Year with the Meyers and the Leymasters in CR. Mark was nice enough to hook us up with a RoughRiders Suite so the kids could come along. After the game we went back to Mark and Beth's basement and hung out until sometime after midnight (the boys fell asleep in their car seats so we were able to have some adult time!). Ryan and I actually had a very productive weekend since we had 3 days off of work! We organized the basement and cleaned the house and still had time to relax before heading back to work on Monday! Weekends should always be 3 days!!!









Since then we've been busy getting ready for Reece's birthday party. We have the first party with the Browns/Allens this Sunday at our house. I am going to attempt to make a cake that looks like a train. Historicaly my artistry has not been successful with frosting and crumbly cake so we will see how that goes...Ryan is going to make homemade ice cream too (good thing incase the cake is a flop). Next weekend, we will have the bday party with the Rambo's at Happy Joe's! I guess the cake plan for that party depends on how this first cake turns out!

No comments: