Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas is coming!!!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the Rambo home! It's so pretty!
Suprisingly, so far, Reece hasn't bothered the tree too much! I suppose if it had a big pot of dirt under it, we'd have a different story. I can't keep him out of my plants! Today he officially ate the dirt from the planter (and by the smile on his face I would say he liked it!).

I guess we've been pretty busy. Ryan went hunting all last weekend and got a deer. Reece and I hung out around the house and put up the Christmas stuff. While we missed daddy a lot, we had so much fun just hanging out the two of us! He even stood up without support for like 10 seconds! This was fun until he learned how much fun it was to fall down on his bum! Now he always wants me to help him up so he can fall down :) So much fun he is!!

I guess that about brings us to today. We are getting hit by a pretty strong blizzard. It started yesterday. I left work a little early to get home before dark (so scared to drive with Reece in the bad weather!!). Ryan had to work all night and then they put him up in a hotel in Cedar Rapids.

I woke up this morning and even though my wonderful neighbors cleared out the driveway sometime in the night it was drifted back shut. (What am I going to do with Reece while I shovel out the drive? He can't be trusted alone...welll I guess there is always his crib but that probably won't make him too happy). The news kept advising people not to travel so I took my very last vacation day to hang out with my munchkin. They ended up closing work at noon so I suppose that was a wise choice. Me and Reece were bums. We took a morning and afternoon nap, made cookies, and played with his toys and pots and pans. He is so much fun and a work out at the same time. I am exhausted and I didn't even get any of the housework done. Serious. I followed him around pulling him out of things he shouldn't be in (plants, Bella's food, rooms unsupervised). I don't know how single mom's do it! And really, how can stay at home mom's be expected to keep a clean house and watch a baby? Geeze, going to work just might be easier! But, I still think I'd rather be home :) Maybe some day...

Speaking of single moms, Ryan had to work again all night. Poor guy has to be exhausted. He worked 7-3 and 6-midnight yesterday and then 6 to midnight today. They are putting him up in a hotel again. It feels like I haven't seen him forever (with hunting this weekend and now work). Kind of miss him! At least I've had total control of the TV (when it is on...nice to not have it on 24/7).

Well, I am getting sleepy and Reece isn't sleeping well again. (just when he started sleeping well again, he got sick, and now the routine is all messed up) Suppose I should get to bed before he wakes up.

So, I'll leave you with pictures of my qute little munchkin!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: